You are embarking on a new technology venture or have started one, and you are ready to take it to the next level. It is not difficult to find articles on how a company can source additional funding to grow its business. Before a funder invests in your business though, they will want to do their due diligence to ensure that what you tell them is detailed and accurate.
Orbital Law are technology law specialists ready to help your company prepare an application for private equity or venture capital funding, including your approach and responses to potential investors’ due diligence questions.
To give yourself the best chance of success in securing funding, your team should conduct a detailed review of the following as they usually form part of a prospective investor’s due diligence assessment:
- Data rights – who can use and access any data
- Intellectual property rights (and how they are protected);
- Commercial contracts (including all customer and supply side contracts);
- Technology – to prove the technology performs as is claimed; and
- Intended market for the technology – including in different jurisdictions
We want to help you realise your dream of developing your business by using our specialist experience and expertise.
If developing technology forms a core part of your business and you want to discuss how best to prepare for a possible due diligence exercise by potential investors, then please get in touch here